Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to Basics.




I've been feeling a change of tide lately in society. It doesn't seem to have fully manifested yet, but there seems to be an increased electrical charge in the air, a pull away from one phase and into another, like shifting tectonic plates. Capitalism and living excessively is a waning trend.

I feel it in my own life as well; a desire for simplicity and nostalgia for a time when there were less responsibilities and more time for doing whatever you want.

This passage on Bohemia is inspiring, though I know myself well enough to know the nervousness I would inevitably feel without any kind of security net.

This interview with Joel Salatin about Slow Living in the current issue of Dumbo Feather is pretty awesome too.


No comments:

Post a Comment